You need to try these seven everyday Healthy Food Swaps for a healthier you. Making small shifts in your daily diet can make a big difference in your energy levels, weight, skin, and overall mood.
Eating healthy can seem like a daunting task if you haven’t had much practice. There are many reasons why you may want to improve your daily diet. If you want to make a change, start small with these seven everyday Healthy Food Swaps for a healthier you.
7 Everyday Healthy Food Swaps for a Healthier You
- Greek yogurt instead of sour cream – Greek yogurt has very little whey, the liquid found in regular yogurt. This makes Greek yogurt the same sort of consistency as sour cream with fewer calories and the benefits of probiotics. Try this Greek Yogurt Key Lime Pudding and give it a try!
- Salsa instead of cream-based dips – Homemade salsas are full of vegetables which have few calories and more nutritional value. Salsa can be used as a dip for a variety of different chips, or as a salad or sandwich topper.
- Sandwich wraps instead of bread – Layer your sandwich fixings on one 8-inch spinach wrap rather than 2 slices of hearty multigrain bread or white bread for a healthier lunch option. This delightfully healthy Black Bean Salsa Spinach Wrap recipe uses shaved brussels sprouts, chopped kale, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green peppers, and red onions with delicious red wine vinegar inside of a spinach wrap!
- Infused water instead of diet soda – Diet soda has so many additives and will leave you crashing 30 minutes after drinking it. Try drinking water infused with a natural energy booster like green tea or fresh fruit instead.
- Baked instead of fried – Ditch the fried foods and bake your favorites next time. An easy trick is to spray breaded items with an olive oil spray before baking. This gives you the crunchy texture you are craving. This Oven Baked Chicken is our favorite “baked fried” recipe!
- Red wine or beer instead of sugary cocktails – It is easy to lose track of how many calories you are drinking at the end of a long week. Skip overly-sweetened mixed drinks in favor of wine or beer the next time you enjoy an adults-only beverage.
- Brown Rice instead of white rice – White rice is totally stripped of valuable nutrients, the most important one being fiber. Add brown rice or other ancient grains and get more health benefits.
We hope you found this information on seven everyday Healthy Food Swaps for a healthier you helpful and informative. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Healthy Food Tips Section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.