Chicken wings are perfect for entertaining! Celebrate summer with this awesome Honey BBQ Baked Chicken Wings recipe. A healthier spin on a fried party favorite.
Honey BBQ Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
If you’re planning on entertaining this summer, you’ll really want to add these Honey BBQ Baked Chicken Wings to your party menu. Flavorful, crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside wings baked entirely in the oven. As much as we like traditional fried wings, we just can’t justify adding all of that fat into our diets when we can get the same results in the oven. The semi-homemade barbecue sauce made with pantry staples really sets this recipe above all of the other chicken wing recipes you’ve been making for years!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients, turn on the oven, and sit back and let the party magic happen. You’ll feel good knowing that you’re serving a healthier-for-you appetizer at your next party and your guests will love the results without missing the added fats. This recipe is a win for everyone!
- 4 lbs chicken wing sections
- Avocado spray oil
- ½ cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup no salt ketchup
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb Blend
- 1 cup Stubb's® Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup light beer
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray a clear 9x13" baking dish with a thin coat of avocado oil and place thawed chicken wings in a single layer in the dish. Spray tops of wings with a very thin coat of avocado oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, remove from oven, drain excess fat, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix sauce ingredients until well blended.
- Cover wings with sauce, flip, and cover the other side.
- Return wings to oven and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes until sauce has somewhat caramelized and wings are cooked thoroughly.
Home Chef Tip: You can omit the beer from the sauce recipe or substitute it with a non-alcoholic version. The beer helps to break down the acids in the tomato-based sauces so we recommend using it for best results.
We hope you love this Honey BBQ Baked Chicken Wings recipe as much as we do. If you love this simple recipe, stop by our Appetizer Section for more like it for all of your entertaining needs. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss another recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest and Instagram. Enjoy!