Cheer on your favorite football team with your new favorite tailgating party food, Chipotle Cream Cheese Stuffed Wontons. This 5-ingredient, 30-minute appetizer is so simple to make and will leave party guests begging for more!
A 5-Ingredient Appetizer for Tailgating
Tailgating is a lot of fun; the food you make shouldn’t be complicated. You just need five ingredients to make these Chipotle Cream Cheese Stuffed Wontons. Start with wonton wrappers. You can find these in the refrigerator section at your local grocery store, with the homemade pasta, near the cheese and lunch meat. Then grab a couple packages of cream cheese, canned chipotles in adobo, and fresh cilantro. You’ll also need one egg to create a wash and seal the wonton wrappers. I baked my wontons and they browned up nicely, but you can also fry them.
If you are short on time, you can make the filling the night before so you aren’t running around. Game day should be fun, not stressful.
Dunking is optional, but highly recommended!
These tasty wontons are amazing on their own, but dipping them in sauce is never a bad idea. Everything is better with sauce according to most tailgaters! They already have a little kick so try something like cool ranch or flavored sour cream to take off a little heat – we are not counting calories here! I served the Chipotle Cream Cheese Stuffed Wontons with a homemade garlicky cilantro ranch dressing and it was fantastic! Just combine a cup of ranch dressing with one small bunch of cilantro and 4 -5 cloves of garlic in a food processor to make the dressing.
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 7-oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine cream cheese, chipotle peppers, and cilantro. Use a pair of herb scissors to cut up the whole peppers into pieces before mixing.
- Mix well.
- Scoop out a half a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and place it in the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush two sides of the wonton wrapper with the egg wash. Fold over the opposite sides and press down. Use a fork to seal the sides. Brush egg wash on top of the sealed wonton and place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat the process until you are out of the cream cheese mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
Home Chef Tip: If you are out of eggs, use oil instead to seal and coat the tops of the wontons.
This easy appetizer is crispy and delicious! There won’t be any leftovers on game day so get some before they are gone. Enjoy and share this recipe with your friends!
We hope you enjoy these Chipotle Cream Cheese Wontons from SoFabFood Home Chef, Raquel from Horses and Heels, as much as we do. If you love this 5-ingredient appetizer, you can find more like it by visiting our Appetizer Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!