You have to read these 6 Amazing Health Benefits of Yerba Mate Tea and reasons why you should be drinking it every morning for weight loss and energy!
We have found a new drink that may take the place of your morning cup of coffee. Yerba Mate Tea, used medicinally by the native people in Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay, is considered by many, according to Guayaki.com, “the drink of the gods.”
6 Amazing Health Benefits of Yerba Mate Tea
- Energy Boost – Yerba Mate Tea is a better stimulant than green tea, coffee, or other caffeinated drinks. What makes it so special for energy? Its unique blend of stimulants. It delivers a huge dose of theobromine, the stimulant found in chocolate, along with both caffeine and theophylline.
- Rich in Antioxidants –Yerba Mate Tea is very high in antioxidants; it’s got about 90% more antioxidants than green tea. It can slow the signs of aging, detoxify the blood, and is said to ward off many types of cancer. Yerba Mate also helps reduce stress and insomnia.
- Weight Loss -Yerba Mate contains polyphenols, such as flavonoids and phenolic acids, which work by inhibiting enzymes like pancreatic lipase and lipoprotein lipase, which in turn play a role in fat metabolism. On his March 20 episode of “Dr. Oz,” he recommended Yerba Mate Tea to anyone looking for a way to jumpstart their day and speed up their metabolism to promote weight loss.
- Digestive System Benefits – Yerba Mate can help the body to produce more bile and soften your stool, allowing your body’s digestive system to operate more smoothly. Yerba Mate has the ability to cure chronic constipation issues by stimulating the body to have regular bowel movements. Drink this in the morning to be regular to start your day off right.
- Heart Health – Yerba Mate Tea is helpful for heart-related conditions including heart failure, irregular heartbeat, and low blood pressure. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties protect the heart and cardiovascular system. Drinking Yerba Mate protects myocardial tissue of the heart and is also beneficial in reducing oxidative stress caused by reactive oxygen species (ROS) which may cause stroke and other related problems.
- Increases Physical Endurance – The chemical compounds and nutrients in Yerba Mate Tea help your metabolism to use carbohydrates more efficiently. The foods you eat will give you more energy, not less. This allows you to work out longer than usual, increasing your ability to burn more fat.
How to enjoy Yerba Mate Tea:
- Hot Mate: Place a mate bag in a cup of freshly boiled water, steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Mate Latte: Steep the mate, then add your favorite milk and sweetener.
- Cold Mate: Steep hot, then add ice, lemon, and fresh mint to taste.
We hope you benefit from this list of the 6 Amazing Health Benefits of Yerba Mate Tea as much as we do. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Food and Fitness section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.