Did you know that the Benefits of Olive Oil span out way beyond the kitchen? Olive oil not only houses many benefits for your health, but it can also benefit your beauty routine greatly. Read these 5 Benefits of Olive Oil In and Out of the Kitchen. You don’t want to miss number 2!
The Health Benefits of Olive Oil are unrivaled and using it in the kitchen daily in your cooking has become a routine for many of us. Yes, Olive Oil can improve your health, but did you know that it has many beauty benefits as well? Let’s take a closer look at the power of olive oil and the many benefits associated with it.
- Cholesterol and Heart Health – To get the best heart-healthy results from olive oil, the U.S Food and Drug Administration recommends eating two tablespoons daily. Olive oil is one of the healthiest types of fat around. The monounsaturated fat in olive oil has been shown to control LDL (bad) cholesterol and raise HDL (good) cholesterol. This can potentially lower your risk of heart disease.
- Slow Down Skin Aging and Reduce Wrinkles – Olive oil nutrients may have wrinkle-diminishing power and may also help slow your skin’s natural aging process. One of the biggest benefits, according to a study in Lancet Oncology, is its ability to help the skin resist damage from harmful UV rays. EFAs also help cell membranes retain moisture.
- Anti-inflammatory Agent – Chronic inflammation is thought to be among the leading drivers of many diseases. The main anti-inflammatory effects are mediated by the antioxidants. Among them is oleocanthal which has been shown to work sort of like ibuprofen, an anti-inflammatory drug.
- Keep Your Lips Soft and Supple – You can make your own lip balm by combining olive oil with equal parts beeswax. Store it in an air tight container and apply it to lips with your fingertips for supple lips throughout the day.
- Condition Your Hair – Olive oil strengthens hair and makes it more flexible. Add a few tablespoons of warm olive oil into your palms and work into wet hair, let sit for 20 minutes, and rinse. Wrapping your head in a lightly wet towel speeds up the conditioning process.
We hope you found these 5 Benefits of Olive Oil In and Out of the Kitchen informative. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Food and Fitness section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.