Green Tea is essentially liquid gold when it comes to delivering health benefits to your body. Introducing the Remarkable Health Benefits of Green Tea from improving brain function to lowering your risk of cancer.
The Health Benefits of Green Tea are nothing short of astounding. Tea has a unique set of natural chemicals that provide various therapeutic benefits to your body. According to experts, these benefits include improved brain function, promotion of fat loss, and even a lower risk of cancer. As an added bonus, this power beverage is calorie free and pretty inexpensive.
Five Health Benefits of Green Tea
- Improve Brain Health – Green Tea contains bioactive compounds that are said to improve brain health and halt Alzheimer’s disease progression.
- Antioxidants in Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Various Types of Cancer – Cancer is caused by uncontrolled growth of cells. Green Tea is loaded with antioxidants, so it makes sense that the studies show that it may lower your risk for certain types of cancer.
- Lower Your Cholesterol – Green Tea’s powerful antioxidant, EGCG, is believed to inhibit the absorption of cholesterol from the large intestine. A 2011 study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found green tea consumption significantly lowered the total serum cholesterol and LDL cholesterol across 14 randomized controlled trials of over 1100 participants. Overall, green tea intake led to significant reductions in total cholesterol. Research suggests drinking five cups of green tea per day will provide the biggest reduction in cholesterol.
- Promote Weight Loss – Clinical studies have shown that drinking green tea can help you lose weight. Some researchers believe that catechins in green tea help the body burn fat. Catechins are antioxidants that fight, and may even prevent, cell damage. Combining green tea and caffeine enhances the fat-burning and weight-loss effects of green tea.
- Lower Risk of Heart Attack – According to a study published in the April 2014 issue of Angiology, Green Tea lowers your risk for a heart attack. In that study, people who drank green tea regularly had a significantly reduced risk of heart attack compared to those who did not drink the beverage.
We hope you found this Five Health Benefits of Green Tea list informative and we encourage you to drink Green Tea daily to reap its many benefits. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Food and Fitness section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.