Break out the slow cooker because you’re going to want to make this one-pot Heart Healthy Brisket and Vegetables. Loaded with flavor, protein, and vegetables, this low sodium meal is guaranteed to be a winner at the dinner table.
Brisket is a very flavorful cut of beef, but if it isn’t cooked properly, it can be very tough. If you want to get a tender, juicy, and flavorful brisket, you’ll want to try this simple Crock Pot Heart Healthy Brisket and Vegetables recipe. Nothing is better, or simpler, than putting everything in the slow cooker in the morning and coming home to a house that smells amazing and a full dinner ready for the table. Throw in the fact that this meal is also low in sodium, and you have a real winner with this flavorful dish.
- 2 to 3 lb brisket
- 1 pkg Mrs. Dash Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 stalks celery
- 8 small red potatoes
- 20 baby carrots
- 1 red onion
- Cut the brisket in half so that it will fit in your Crock Pot, leaving the fat on the bottom to hold in the flavor.
- Quarter the potatoes and place over the meat.
- Toss in the baby carrots.
- Chop the onion and celery and place them on top.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the seasoning packet with one cup of water and stir well, then pour in your Crock Pot.
- Cover and simmer on the low setting for 8 hours.
We hope you love this Crock Pot Heart Healthy Brisket and Vegetables recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple and flavorful meal idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!