Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Mushrooms are a great source of protein and serving up Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms for dinner is one of our favorite meatless meals. So many different cheeses and vegetables pair perfectly with the portobello so the flavor combinations are endless. You can bake these in the oven or cook them on the grill. Either way, they are delicious as a main course or hearty side dish. For this recipe, we used peppers, onions, a blend of cheeses, and sprouted bread, but you can just use course bread crumbs if that’s all that’s available.
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 4 Pieces Sprouted Bread
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Wash mushrooms and scoop out stems.
- Chop your green pepper and onion and sauté in olive oil for about 10 minutes.
- Chop the bread up into small crouton-like pieces and mix with vegetables and cheeses.
- Fill mushroom caps with above mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 325º for 30 min, or cook on the grill until the cheese has melted and the mushroom is tender.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms as much as we do. If you love this healthy dinner idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!