There is something magical about grilling that can transform everyday veggies into a crave worthy dish our friends and family will love. This naturally gluten-free Grilled Zucchini Salad is a winner on all accounts!
Grilled Zucchini Salad: A naturally gluten-free side dish
Food fresh off the grill just tastes better! You know what I mean? There is something magical about grilling that can transform everyday veggies into a crave worthy dish our friends and family will love. And this grilled zucchini salad is a winner on all accounts! It is incredibly flavorful, naturally gluten-free, and it makes a wonderful vegetarian side dish at any outdoor party or BBQ dinner. This recipe is super easy to make and it features inexpensive ingredients that can be picked out of your own garden, shopped for at a farmers market, or purchased from a local grocery store. This combination of fresh dill, lemon, and grilled veggies is sure to become a family favorite!
Cheers to outdoor summer parties and barbecuing with friends! I hope you enjoy this grilled zucchini salad as much as I do!
- Veggies for Grilling
- 4 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 6 mini bell peppers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons fresh mint
- Lemon Dill Marinade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon (for juice & zest)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Clean and oil the outdoor grill. (Alternatively, you can use an indoor grill pan on the stove top.)
- Turn grill on to a medium high heat, cover lid, and allow it to heat up as you prep the veggies.
- Prep the lemon dill marinade by whisking together olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice (from 1 lemon), fresh minced dill, sea salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. (Chop fresh mint and reserve for garnish.)
- Cut zucchini in half across, and then thinly slice zucchini into long thin strips. Slice red onion and one lemon into rounds. Slice mini bell peppers in half. Optional: you can put the cherry tomatoes onto a skewer if you want to grill them too, or just slice cherry tomatoes in half and serve them fresh.
- Toss sliced veggies in marinade to lightly coat. Shake off as much of the oil marinade as you can before laying each veggie on the grill.
- Grill zucchini and other veggies for a few minutes per side, until lightly charred. The goal is to get flavorful grill marks on each side of the veggies, while lightly cooking the veggies.
- Arrange grilled veggies on a platter or in a salad bowl to serve. Drizzle any remaining marinade over top, and garnish with a little sea salt, black pepper, and fresh mint.
We hope you love this Grilled Zucchini Salad recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Andrea from Forest and Fauna, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to visit our Grilling Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!