This Grilled Asparagus and Halloumi Salad is topped with spicy harissa vinaigrette, and is the perfect Spring/Summertime grilling recipe! Beautiful presentation, seasonal, fresh, and ready in only 15 minutes!
Grilled Asparagus and Halloumi Salad with Harissa Vinaigrette
Grilling season is here! Time to celebrate with fresh, seasonal, simple meals!
When I think of grilling, I always think of outdoor barbecues and sunshine. Good friends, good food, good drinks, and always a good time. Keeping things simple is important, so you aren’t stuck cooking next to the barbecue, when you could be socializing and enjoying company instead.
This salad is as easy and delicious as it gets. Toss the fresh asparagus in olive oil and salt and pepper, and grill along with the cheese. In the meantime, prepare the 3-ingredient vinaigrette and chop a few herbs.
Voila! A killer grilled salad loaded with earthy asparagus, spicy flavor, salty cheese, and bright herbs. Doesn’t get much better than this at your next barbecue!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 8 oz block halloumi cheese
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat your grill to medium high.
- Toss the asparagus with 1 tsp of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the halloumi to the grill, and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping often, until you get a few golden brown sears.
- Meanwhile, add the asparagus to the grill, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, flipping once or twice, until you get a nice char.
- Meanwhile, combine the harissa, vinegar, and remaining 2 tsp olive oil. Whisk to emulsify.
- Chop the halloumi into bite sized cubes.
- Plate the asparagus onto a platter and top with cubed halloumi. Drizzle harissa dressing evenly over salad and top with the green onion and cilantro. Serve immediately.
What are you favorite things to grill? We hope you love this Grilled Asparagus and Halloumi Salad from SoFabFood Contributor, Trish from Rhubarbarians, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to visit our Grilling Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!