Spotlight those farmers market finds when you make this seasonal Vegan Falafel Salad recipe. Packed with protein and topped with a classic apple cider vinaigrette, this is the perfect go-to summer salad!
Seasonal Vegan Falafel Salad
The number one question most vegans get asked by friends and family is, ‘How do you get enough protein in your daily diet?’. The answer is really quite simple, most whole foods, with the exceptions of sugar and some fats, contain protein. There are several vegan, protein-rich food choices you can pick between, including soy, legumes, and nuts.
In this seasonal Vegan Falafel Salad, we are packing in the protein with crisp edamame and hummus made from chickpeas. The flavorful falafel, primarily made from chickpea flour, adds heartiness while the slivered almond topping gives it texture.
This salad is wonderful anytime, and with all of the added protein, it is especially great for a post-workout meal. Include it in your weekly meal prep routine and start the week out right.
- Fresh mixed greens
- 2 frozen falfafel
- 1 small vine ripened tomato
- 1 mini cucumber
- 1 medium size carrot
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp of hummus
- 5 Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar with the mother
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven as directed on frozen falafel packaging.
- Boil 6 cups of water for edamame. While water is boiling, wash and clean vegetables. Once water is boiling add edamame. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until edamame is floating on surface of water.
- When oven is heated, cook frozen falafel as instructed on packaging.
- Cube tomato, slice cucumber and carrots, and chop broccoli florets into small pieces. Some people slice their olives, but I like to keep mine whole.
- To assemble the salad, place two large handfuls of greens in the bowl, and then layer veggies around the outer perimeter of the salad. Place hummus in center, top with falafels, and sliced almonds.
- In a small ramekin, mix olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. With a fork, stir in nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Make sure mixture is thoroughly blended, and then drizzle over salad and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Substitute different vegetables depending on what is in season.
Apple cider vinegar with the Mother is an unrefined and unfiltered apple cider made by different companies. It is readily available at most grocery stores in the organic section. In addition to health benefits, I think it tastes better!
We hope you enjoy this seasonal Vegan Falafel Salad recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Beth from Daily Dog Tag, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Salad Section so you always have a tantalizing lunch recipe that will taunt your coworkers. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!