Celebrate your favorite flavors of the season in a healthy way when you whip up this Pomegranate Butternut Squash Couscous topped with a heavenly pistachio crumble. Winter never tasted so good!
This Roasted Butternut Squash Couscous dish is a mash up of all of the seasonal favorites you love. If you’re hosting a crowd this winter, get creative and put together a unique side dish that is the perfect mix of sweet and salty. This quick and easy Pomegranate Butternut Squash Couscous with a Pistachio Crumble is sure to become a huge hit at your next gathering.
Pomegranate Butternut Squash Couscous
Roasted Butternut Squash is absolutely delicious this time of the year as you can really enhance the flavors with either something sweet or something savory. I hate recipes that have long cooking times so to keep this couscous salad recipe simple, I purchase as many of the ingredients pre-chopped as possible. I found everything I needed at my local whole foods grocer making it easy to shop at just one location.
One thing to note here is that you can’t skip any of the toasting methods – it makes the salad! Toasting the pistachios added a lovely rich and crunchy flavor, but it’s the toasted couscous that really makes the difference. This simple step will have everyone wondering what your extra special ingredient is!
I promise that this Pomegranate Butternut Squash Couscous dish will be a hit at your next party. If you are looking to add something a bit extra to the salad, I personally love to add herbed goat cheese in as well. The creamy flavor works well with the crunch of the pistachio nuts and pomegranate seeds. Add your own flair to this recipe to really make it your own!
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Tuscan balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped
- Freshly ground salt & pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat an oven to 400°F.
- Place cubed butternut squash on sheet pan, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the squash. Sprinkle with salt/pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook couscous per package instructions. Toast lightly.
- Chop and lightly toast the pistachios in a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Toss frequently to prevent burning.
- Chop herbs and mix with remaining olive oil and tuscan balsamic vinegar.
- Once butternut squash and couscous are cooked, set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix couscous, butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, and herb dressing.
- Top with toasted pistachios and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Herbed goat cheese is a great addition to this salad as well!
We hope you enjoy this Pomegranate Butternut Squash Couscous + Pistachio Crumble recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Monica from Caravan of Style, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Side Dish section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!