You need to learn this very important trick in the kitchen. Learn how to put out grease fires quickly and safely just in case of an unfortunate mishap. This is simply done by using baking soda and/or a lid.
How to Safely Put Out Grease Fires ~ Kitchen Hack
It can be pretty scary when you are in the kitchen and a grease fire occurs. In the unfortunate circumstance that this happens to you, follow these simple steps to keep you and your family safe.
- First thing, turn off the source of heat!
- Do NOT pour water on the fire!
- Cover with a metal pan or baking sheet. Do not use a glass cover because it will shatter. The point here is to remove the oxygen from the flame.
- If you cannot cover it because the flames are too high, douse it with baking soda or salt. Take the whole box and dump it onto the flame. You need a lot so your best option is the lid.
With all this said, if you are a new homeowner or living on your own, stock your kitchen for this emergency. Keep baking soda close to the stove as well as metal lids.
If you like this quick kitchen hack, here are a few more of our favorites:
- It doesn’t matter if you are throwing a party to catch that someone special’s eye or aiming to impress your favorite guests, these five easy Summer Entertaining Hacks are just what you need to be the ultimate host this summer.
- There are five easy Kitchen Hacks everyone needs to know to make their culinary life easier. You will want to share these helpful tips with your friends, proving to them you are the most kitchen savvy foodie in town.
- Ditch the messy pizza cutter and get perfect slices every time when you use this simple kitchen hack. Kitchen scissors are the best way to get a clean cut pizza without messing up your countertop.
- If you’re trying to eat clean, you need to keep these seven Clean Eating Pantry Staples on hand at all times. Whipping up a healthy, homemade meal is super simple when you keep the right ingredients in your kitchen!
We hope you love this tip on how to put out grease fires as much as we do. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Kitchen Hacks section to help you save time and money in the kitchen. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.