Salsa Verde Chicken Quesadillas are easy to prepare with leftover chicken, flour tortillas, and cheese. Serve on a party platter with sour cream and salsa for the perfect holiday or football party appetizer or serve as a fast and simple weeknight meal.
Previously, we shared with you one of our favorite set it and forget it Crock Pot recipes for Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken. If you prepared that recipe, you likely have leftovers and we have a solution for that. Serve up a simple meal or delicious holiday appetizer when you make Salsa Verde Chicken Quesadillas with your leftover chicken. This is a great appetizer that you can make on the grill, fry up on the stove top, or bake in the oven. The trick is to get it crispy enough so when you flip it, it does not fall apart. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this is one quick weeknight meal or appetizer that you’ll want to turn to in a pinch time and time again.
- ¾ cup Salsa Verde Chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup cheese, shredded
- 2 Flour Tortillas (We used the burrito size)
- Lay your first tortilla flat on your grill, stovetop pan, or baking sheet.
- Add your Salsa Verde Chicken onto the tortilla.
- Leave enough space all around so it does not fall off the edges when you press down with the top tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the chicken and cover with second tortilla.
- Grill, pan fry, or bake on a low temperature on the first side for about 15 minutes, flip and continue cooking or 10 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Salsa Verde Chicken Quesadillas as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section so that you’re always ready for game day and holiday parties. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!