Affordable entertaining during football season isn’t that hard when you bust out this Football Charcuterie Platter! This simple tailgating appetizer is sure to score a touchdown with party guests.
Are you ready for some football…food?
I might not know much about the game, but I do know a thing or two about the food! Sure, you’ve got your choice of hot dips and chips, wings, and other fun, finger foods. Personally, I’ll use any excuse to whip up a cheese and cracker platter! I know what you’re probably thinking. Isn’t that a little too sophisticated for a tailgating party? No way! Not when you make it a football–themed cheese and cracker platter!
There really aren’t many rules to creating a basic cheese plate. Use a variety of cheeses, add sliced meat like pepperoni or prosciutto, and make sure you have some crackers for stacking. It’s that simple! For football season, I wanted to create an affordable party platter that was delicious and easy to make ahead of the big game. I kept it simple, but gave it a game-day spin that football fans are sure to enjoy!
How to make an affordable party platter!
I never really measure any of the ingredients I use in party platters. It pretty much all depends on the size of the platter or tray you’re going to serve it on. For this tailgating appetizer platter, I used a 14-inch ceramic dish. Just make sure that you have enough cheese, crackers, and pepperoni to fill the plate you’re using.
I had two sleeves of crackers, three blocks of cheese (white cheddar, mild cheddar, and Colby Jack), a bag of Pretzel Crisps, and eight ounces of thinly sliced pepperoni on hand. Even though I didn’t use all of it to make this party platter, it’s always a good idea to have extra to keep filling it up to keep party guests satisfied!
- Pepperoni slices
- White cheddar cheese slices
- Mild cheddar cheese slices
- Colby Jack cheese slices
- Pretzel Crisps
- Optional: plastic football picks
- To make this party platter, start by creating a football shape out of pepperoni slices. Layer slices in the center of the platter until a football shape is achieved.
- Using white cheddar cheese, cut a long, skinny strip of cheese and place it down the middle, longways, of the pepperoni "football." Then, cut smaller strips of cheese to create the laces.
- Work your way around the platter, placing crackers on one end and Pretzel Crisps on the other.
- Add slices of white cheddar cheese to one empty side of the platter. Layer the last side with Colby Jack slices and mild cheddar slices.
- Stick plastic football picks into the cheeses and serve.
Home Chef Tip: Purchase a prepared party tray with pepperoni, cheese, and crackers instead of individual ingredients. It will make this football party platter even easier, and more affordable, to put together!
The next time you want to bring a little something different to your tailgating party, make this easy appetizer platter! You’ll definitely score some points with your fellow football fans for creativity with that pepperoni football!
If you want to add another fan favorite to your next tailgating party, check out my recipe for Boneless Parmesan Garlic Wings!
Love this easy charcuterie platter? Pin it for later!
We hope you enjoy this Cheese and Cracker Football Party Platter from SoFabFood Home Chef, Jessica from Living La Vida Holoka, as much as we do. If you love this easy appetizer, stop by our Tailgating Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!