Learn how to make Green Tea Sangria at home with this simple recipe using fresh fruits and Merlot, with the added health benefits of Green Tea. Flavorful and delicious, this is the perfect summer cocktail.
With the weather being warmer, we are spending more evenings outdoors relaxing and entertaining. While enjoying the outdoors, we love to sip on this refreshing Green Tea Sangria with fresh fruit, Merlot, and healthy Green Tea. Why do we like mixing Green Tea into this sangria? Because even though we’re enjoying a cocktail, we know that the green tea is adding healthy properties to this summer drink that will benefit us.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
- According to research, antioxidants in green tea may lower your risk of various types of cancer.
- There are studies that show that green tea may protect your brain in your golden years, lowering your risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases.
- Green tea is said to lower your risk of Type II Diabetes.
- Some researchers claim that green tea can actually help you lose weight.
- Studies have even shown that green tea can help mobilize fat from fat cells.
Green Tea Sangria is really easy to make. All you have to do is cut up your fruits and add them into the Merlot and green tea mixture, then let it steep in the sun for a good hour before enjoying a nice cold glass of this summer cocktail over ice.
- 2 Green Tea Bags
- 2 Cups Merlot
- 1 Cup Pineapple, chopped
- 1 Cup Green Grapes
- 1 Cup Watermelon, chopped
- 1 Cup Papaya, chopped
- Place the chopped fruit in a large pitcher.
- Add the Merlot.
- Add the Green Tea Bags.
- Let it steep in the sun for an hour.
- Serve over Ice.
- Store remaining Green Tea Sangria in the refrigerator for storage to enjoy later.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Green Tea Sangria as much as we do. If you love this refreshing cocktail recipe, be sure to visit our Drinks Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Messaging above is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation.