This gluten-free honey broiled fruit dessert uses pineapple, plums, and pears that are topped with toasted almonds, pomegranate arils, and a pomegranate coconut crema. A beautiful and delicious seasonal dessert the whole family will love!
The star of the honey broiled fruit dessert recipe is Pomegranates. They seem to be a highly underrated and underutilized fruit if you ask me. Sure, it’s pretty hard to crack one of those open without making a big red mess and getting those vibrant red pomegranate arils all over the place – oh wait is that just me?
I see pomegranate arils sprinkled on salads here and there, but what about the juice? That vibrant red pomegranate juice is so refreshing and lively. I knew that it would be perfect whipped up with coconut cream for a fluffy dessert topping.
Spring and summertime fruits shine pretty much on their own, so I knew not much needed to be done to them. Just a sprinkling of crystallized honey granules or a brushing of liquid honey, and some sliced plums, pears, and pineapple were ready to go under the broiler (or torch if you have one of those). To avoid turning on the oven, feel free to just cook the fruit in a cast iron skillet – that also works wonders.
While the fruit is cooking, start getting the pomegranate juice going. Here’s an easy secret tip for how to do this without making a mess: you need to mash the whole pomegranate with your hands, crushing those arils inside. Then make a small slit in the pomegranate, and holding it over a large (deep) bowl, start squeezing the juice out. This is the perfect way to get just a bit of juice out.
Mix that with the whipped coconut cream, pop into the freeze for a few minutes just to make that consistency even thicker and creamier, and then dollop right on top of the fruit.
This is hands down my new favorite dessert. The pomegranate coconut cream tastes like you’re eating a fluffy fruity cloud, and when served with the caramelized fruit and toasty almonds, it’s the best combination ever.
The perfect refined sugar-free and gluten-free summer dessert. Use maple syrup instead of honey to make this recipe vegan.
- ½ pineapple, cut into rounds
- 2 pears, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 plums, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2-4 tablespoons crystallized honey granules (or liquid honey)
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate juice
- ½ cup refrigerated coconut cream
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Dip the fruit on both sides in the crystallized honey and place side by side on a baking tray.
- Broil for 10-15 minutes, until fruit is caramelized and lightly browned, flipping it over halfway.
- Beat the coconut cream on high for a couple minutes. Slowly add in the pomegranate juice and beat until incorporated. Place in freezer until fruit is ready.
- Serve fruit topped with pomegranate coconut cream, toasted almonds, and pomegranate arils.
We hope you love this Gluten Free Honey Broiled Fruit Dessert from SoFabFood Contributor, Vicky from Avocado Pesto, as much as we do. If you like this recipe, be sure to stop by our desserts section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and be sure to like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest for even more fabulous dessert inspiration. Enjoy!