You’re going to love this High Protein Low Calorie Turkey Salad to satisfy your lunchtime hunger. This salad is filled with fruits, vegetables, and eggs with a heart-healthy dressing that actually tastes delicious.
High Protein Low Calorie Turkey Salad
Summer is upon us, and it is not too late to start eating healthy and losing some weight. Adding fruit to your salad will give it a nice natural sweetness that fills you up without a lot of calories. Adding in beneficial, high protein foods like turkey and hard boiled eggs will help fuel your body until dinnertime rolls around.
A single large boiled egg contains:
- Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA.
- Folate: 5% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA.
- Selenium: 22% of the RDA.
- Eggs also contain decent amounts of Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium, and Zinc.
- 17 grams of protein per 1 cup chopped.
When you’re making a salad, always remember to add in a few protein choices to round out the salad. The protein will help keep you satisfied and full. Since sweet potatoes are a middle of the road carb, they’re a great addition to your salads that won’t give you a sugar crash.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.
- For the Salad:
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 chopped roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup chopped papaya
- ¼ cup chopped cantaloupe
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 large sweet potato baked, cooled then chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3 hard boiled eggs sliced and/or chopped
- 8 slices roasted turkey breast chopped
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Mix all salad ingredients together and toss to combine.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl and toss into salad.
We hope you love this High Protein Low Calorie Turkey Salad as much as we do. If you enjoyed this healthy recipe, be sure to visit our Food and Fitness section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!