Beef, vegetables, Guinness Beer, and tomato puree simmer slowly in the Crock Pot all day to make this delicious, one of a kind Hearty Crock Pot Guinness Beef Stew the perfect meal to come home to after a busy day.
With the chilly weather upon us, we love coming home to a hot bowl of Beef Stew. Adding in a can of Guinness Beer brings out a bolder flavor in the stew that takes it to a new level. Hollowing out a hearty rich piece of bread and turning it into a bowl is a very clever presentation for your friends and family.
This stew starts with your traditional beef stew meat that is browned and added into your Crock Pot, then you add in your favorite vegetables for stew like carrots, celery, and potatoes. This stew has another level of flavor with the added tomato puree.
Use the cut out top of the bread bowl as bread crumbs for the stew to make this an amazing and satisfying meal.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 lbs beef stew meat, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 large onions
- 1 can Guinness Beer
- 2 cups low sodium beef stock
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- ½ cup chopped celery
- Bread to make into a bread bowl
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Dip the beef in the flour and fry until golden brown.
- Add into the Crock Pot.
- Next add in the Guinness, beef stock, tomato puree, and vegetables.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
We hope you love this recipe for Guinness Beef Stew as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple slow cooker meal, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!