Learn how to make the best heart-healthy Crock Pot Eyeball Chili that’s perfect for Halloween or monster-themed parties throughout the year. Simple to make, low in sodium, and it will thrill the kids!
Need a fun meal to serve to family or friends this Halloween and you like to keep things as healthy as possible? Look no further because this simple, set it and forget it Crock Pot Eyeball Chili is exactly what you’re looking for. Low in sodium, packed with vegetables and protein, this easy chili recipe is sure to be a huge hit for Halloween or any other time you’re hosting a monster-themed party throughout the year. If you’re hosting a Monsters, Inc. birthday party, just change the name to I’ve Got My Eye on You Chili and you’re all set. We know you’re going to love this hearty and festive meal as much as we do!
- 1.5 lb lean ground turkey
- 1-16 oz can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1-8 oz can low sodium pinto beans
- 1-8 oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1-8 oz can of green chilis
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 12 green olives (high in sodium so remove before eating to reduce the sodium)
- Pour the wet ingredients in your Crock Pot and stir.
- Add spices and stir to mix well.
- Turn slow cooker on low, cover, and set aside.
- Form ground turkey into roughly 12 one-inch balls and place in a baking dish. There should be about half of the meat leftover. Break that up a bit and place in Crock Pot with your chili mixture. It will cook up as the chili simmers.
- Insert one green olive each into your mini meatballs to make the "eyeballs".
- Bake in a preheated 400ºF oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and gently place at the top of the chili mixture in your slow cooker.
- Cover and simmer on low for 6 hours without stirring.
- Just before serving, carefully remove the eyeballs from the chili with a spoon and set on a flat plate.
- Spoon chili into a bowl, place an eyeball on top, and serve with unsalted crackers and cheese if desired.
We hope you love this simple and delicious recipe for Crock Pot Eyeball Chili as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Low Sodium Section for more heart-healthy recipes. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!