Delicious and leaner than traditional burgers, this simple, better-for-you Grilled Turkey Burger is a must add to your burger arsenal for National Burger Month and all summer long!
Grilled Turkey Burger
May is National Hamburger Month so we’ve been enjoying our time outdoors grilling up our favorite burger recipes. We love a good beef burger, but sometimes we need to lighten things up which is when we turn to this simple and flavorful recipe for our favorite Grilled Turkey Burger. These burgers are leaner than traditional burgers so they can help you with your weight loss goals while still providing your body with the protein that it needs. These burgers are moist and delicious every time and never greasy. The chopped fresh vegetables added into the burger mix before grilling give them a flavor burst that everyone will love!
- 1 pound ground raw turkey
- 1 beaten egg
- ⅓ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Provolone Cheese
- 4 wheat buns
- Toppings of your choice
- Greek yogurt will substitute as your mayonnaise
- Sriracha with substitute as your ketchup
- In large mixing bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, green pepper, onions, and milk.
- Add turkey and mix well.
- Shape mixture into four ¼ pound patties.
- Grill patties on an uncovered grill over medium coals for 6 minutes, flip, and grill for about 10 more minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Top with the provolone cheese the last minute or so to allow to melt.
- Brush your buns with the greek yogurt and Sriracha.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
We hope you love this Grilled Turkey Burger as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to visit our Grilling Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!