These Gluten Free Beet Berry Waffles are laced with cardamom and cinnamon and easily whip up in the blender. With the combination of beets and berries, they are a healthy and delicious way to start your day! #ShoutSolutions
Start your day off right with Beet Berry Waffles!
If you want to start your day off with a healthy helping of fruits and vegetables, but you’d prefer something sweet, you’re going to adore this recipe for Gluten Free Beet Berry Waffles! We know, you’re skeptical; we were too. Beets…in waffles? How could that taste good? Well, we were wrong because this decadent dish is so amazing, you’ll probably never eat traditional waffles again. Not only are these waffles benefitting your heart with the power of the beets, but they also get an additional nutritional, and flavor, boost from the added cardamom and cinnamon.
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- ¾ cup tapioca flour (you can use rice flour, but tapioca makes the waffles just a tad crispier)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup non dairy milk of your choice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons beet puree (I roasted a couple of beets for 45 minutes at 375 degrees, then peeled them and pureed them in a blender)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Handful of roughly chopped raspberries and blueberries
- To garnish: melted chocolate, non-dairy whipped topping, raspberries, blueberries
- Gather your ingredients.
- Visit the original recipe at Runnin Sri Lankan for full preparation and cooking instructions.
- Enjoy the awesome!
We know you can’t wait to try this recipe, but be forewarned, this could get messy. If you do decide to add more beets and berries to your daily diet, which you should, always be prepared to clean up the messes. Keep the new Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover on hand and never throw away another shirt again. You should be busy cooking and eating delicious food, not worrying about those crazy little messes in life!
We hope you love these Gluten Free Beet Berry Waffles as much as we do. If you like this breakfast idea, visit our Breakfast section for more great breakfast recipes. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible breakfast food inspiration. Enjoy!