Warmer weather and an abundance of fresh ingredients means more salads as a side or main course. This Very Berry Spinach Salad with delicious candied pecans and a lemon poppy seed vinaigrette is a quick and easy dinner solution that is bursting with flavor. The recipe can easily be doubled to serve to a crowd.
This Very Berry Spinach Salad is a bright and colorful meal that uses seasonal fruits and vegetables. Feel free to add whatever berries you have on hand to this salad. Raspberries would also be a great addition.
Candied pecans add a tasty, sweet crunch to the salad. The recipe below for the candied pecans makes more than you will need for one salad, but they can be stored in an airtight container to enjoy later. Be careful because they are crazy addictive to snack on!
The lemon poppy seed vinaigrette has a summer fresh taste and pairs so well with a spinach based salad. Don’t apply the dressing until just before serving, or I prefer to let everyone add their own dressing.
Packed with fresh vegetables, fruit, and berries, this is a salad that you can enjoy repeatedly throughout the summer. Embrace berry season that is just around the corner and incorporate an abundance of fresh berries into your salad. You won’t be disappointed!
- 7 cups spinach, fresh
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup kiwi pieces
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the spinach and remove any long stems.
- Wash and dry the berries.
- Slice strawberries.
- Peel and slice kiwi and cut the red onion.
- Mix the fruit and onion with the spinach. Add the candied pecans and feta cheese.
- Top with dressing before serving.
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk egg white and water together in a separate bowl until frothy.
- Add pecans to the egg white mixture and mix.
- Mix sugar mixture into pecan mixture until pecans are evenly coated.
- Spread coated pecans onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Whisk briskly until thoroughly combined. Pour into serving container.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
We hope you love this colorful and simple Very Berry Spinach Salad recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Bella from xoxoBella.com, as much as we do. If you love this simple recipe, be sure to stop by our Salad Section so that you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!