Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Looking for an alternative to a big beefy burger? Try grilling Portobello Mushrooms instead. The Portobello Mushroom is a great alternative to beef in your recipes. These juicy “burgers” were marinated in an olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture then topped with swiss cheese while grilling. You can top these off with lettuce, red onion, and slices of avocado for a fulfilling, healthy meal. They’re so flavorful, even the meat lovers will enjoy these!
Portobello mushrooms are low in calories and fat free with a taste and texture all their own. This is a fantastic vegetable for vegetarians to use when replacing meat in recipes. Look for large mushrooms with a deep cap for stuffing.
- 2 Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Slices swiss cheese
- 2 Whole wheat buns
- Whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together.
- Brush the olive oil mixture on the Portobello Mushrooms.
- Grill 7 min on each side.
- Brush the inside of the buns with the olive oil mixture and grill for 2 min.
- Top the Portobello with your cheese until melted.
- Top your burgers with your condiments of choice!
If you loved this healthier vegetarian burger, stop by our recipe index area for even more healthy recipes for your family. And be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe idea. Just by entering your email address, you’ll receive a free recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Enjoy!