Be the life of the Halloween school party and the talk of the Trick or Treat route this year when you hand out this frightfully cute DIY Mummy Candy. This simple craft will thrill all of the little ghouls in your life.
Today we’re stepping outside of the recipe box to bring you a spooky and simple tutorial to help you make school and home parties a lot more fun without a lot of fuss. This DIY Mummy Candy Craft will help you transform fun-sized candy bars, taffy, lollipops, and more into something frightfully fun that kids of all ages will enjoy. These are so simple and affordable to make in bulk that you can make them in batches for school and home parties and then again for the Trick or Treaters that arrive at your door on Halloween night. All you need is some store-bought fun-sized candy, a few craft supplies, and just a little bit of time to transform regular Halloween candy into fun mummy treats.
- Candy: Any “flat” candy will do like candy bars, taffy, even lollipops. The candy just has to have a flat, semi-wide surface.
- Elmer’s Glue Spots because they’re super easy to work with.
- White medical adhesive tape that you can pick up at any pharmacy department.
- Googly eyes.
- Affix the googly eyes to the upper front surface of the candy with a glue spot.
- Take the tape and start wrapping from the bottom up, making sure to leave the eyes exposed, until you get near the top and close it up as shown in the photos above.
- Note: Don’t worry about being a perfectionist. The mummies with a little bit of an erratic pattern actually look cuter than the perfect ones!
We hope you love this frightfully adorable DIY Mummy Candy Craft as much as we do. Let this simple party food encourage you to step outside of the recipe box this Halloween and on other holidays to use store-bought items and take them to a new, fun level that will make the party a hit without a lot of time or money. For more simple party ideas, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single one. Have a safe and happy Halloween!