This Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Football Dip is sure to be a hit at any football party. An easy, no-egg, no-flour, peanut butter cookie dough that is loaded with chunks of Butterfinger® Candy Bars. Serve with pretzels and chocolate graham cracker dippers and you have the perfect sweet appetizer to enjoy during the game.
I like to say that I grew up at football games. Most of my childhood memories involve spending Saturdays at the football stadium with my parents and siblings. My first job as a teenager was actually working in a concession stand at a college football stadium. To this day, I always think of being with family and friends, and good food (of course!), when I think of football. I am a sucker for anything that is shaped like a football. So it’s no wonder that this Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Football Dip just happens to be my favorite thing ever.
Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Football Dip Recipe
Luckily, my husband and kids have a love for football too! Saturdays at our house usually involve watching the football games and enjoying a few snacks to munch on. This dip is actually one that my kids request all the time. I think the only reason they get excited for the football games is because they know this sweet dip will be on the party table. The peanut butter cookie dough is so smooth and sweet, and my favorite part is the crushed up chunks of Butterfinger® Candy Bars throughout the dough.
We prefer this dip with pretzels and the chocolate graham cracker dippers. I honestly could not pick my favorite. That’s like asking me which one of my children is my favorite. I just can’t answer it. You could also serve with cookies, apple slices, pretzel sticks, or if you want to get real crazy, serve it with peanut butter Oreos (yummy!). I promise that everyone will love it and be impressed!
Home Chef Tip: If you can’t find, or don’t have, the white frosting tube, simply use white chocolate chips and press them into the football (white chocolate chip upside down) to form the football laces. You could also replace the chocolate sprinkles with mini chocolate chips.
It's best not to use the 'all-natural' peanut butter varieties in this dip. The texture does not turn out right.
Get the regular sized Butterfinger® Candy Bars; the ones that you can get at the checkout stand.
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Bufferfinger® Candy Bars, chopped small
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- white frosting tube
- In a mixing bowl, using a hand-held blender, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until smooth and combined. Add in vanilla extract and blend together.
- Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, blending on low speed after each.
- Add the chopped Butterfinger® Candy Bars and gently stir, with a wooden spoon, to combine.
- Place the dough on some plastic wrap that has been laid out on the counter top. Shape the dough into a football shape (use the plastic wrap to help you). Pour the chocolate sprinkles on top of the football and gently press them into the top and sides. Pick up by the sides of the plastic wrap and put on a plate. Let refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the football from the plastic wrap and set it on your serving plate. Use the white frosting tube to draw in the football laces (as shown in picture). Place the pretzels, chocolate graham cracker dippers, apples, and pretzel sticks around the football dip.
- Serve and enjoy!
We hope you love this Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Football Dip recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Jessica from Together as a Family, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe and you’re trying to get ready for any upcoming parties you may be hosting or attending, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section for more amazing recipes. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the incredible recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!