Free yourself from the outdoor grilling rut of burgers and dogs with these Cherry-Glazed Grilled Pork Back Ribs. Sure to be the star of the neighborhood potluck, these ribs have a sauce that’s sweet, tangy, with a touch of heat. Backyard entertaining at its finest!
Finger licking good pork back ribs, anyone?
A little sweet, a little tangy, with the perfect touch of heat, the rub and sauce used on these Cherry-Glazed Grilled Pork Back Ribs is anything but boring. If you’re entertaining guests, this is the entrée you need on the menu. Cooked low and slow using Smithfield® Extra Tender Pork Back Ribs, these ribs are sure to be loved by all. Since they pair perfectly with so many summer side dishes, these are perfect for your next neighborhood potluck. If someone brings potato salad, that’s a match. Coleslaw, perfection! Baked beans on the way? This is the entrée you’ll want at the table.
Secret’s in the sauce!
Grilled pork ribs are fantastic just about any way you make them because who can resist tender, smoky, fall-off-the-bone meat? This rub and sauce combination though is just a little bit above the rest. With a mix of fresh farmers market cherries, a little apple juice, and some fresh jalapeño, the sweet and spicy flavors work together so well, these ribs are addictive. You might want to make more than one rack for your next backyard bash!
- 1 rack Smithfield Extra Tender Pork Back Ribs
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients. An hour before grilling, sprinkle ribs with dry rub. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and let rest on kitchen counter for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Combine the pitted cherries, apple juice, pepper, brown sugar, and barbecue sauce in a blender. Blend until well combined. Pour the glaze into a saucepan and let come to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Preheat the grill on high. Place ribs on grill, bone side down, and set grill to low. Cover and cook for about an hour. Check the ribs and cook for another 30 minutes. Brush the ribs with the cherry-apple glaze and cook for another 10 minutes.
Home Chef Tip: Ribs are done at 190ºF when checked with an instant-read thermometer.
We hope you enjoy these Cherry-Glazed Grilled Pork Back Ribs from An Alli Event, as much as we do. If you love these recipes and you’re looking for more outdoor grilling ideas, you can find more by visiting the Smithfield® Get Grilling America site. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This post was part of a Collective Bias Campaign partnered with Smithfield®. #GetGrillingAmerica