Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers are perfect if you’re entertaining guests or just need a quick weeknight dinner. A 30-minute meal that needs to be on regular rotation during outdoor grilling season!
Entertaining guests? Serve Grilled Shrimp Skewers!
You’ll want to make these Spicy Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers again and again once you try them for the first time. Perfect on their own as an appetizer while entertaining or served up with all of your favorite taco fixings for a weeknight dinner, this 30-minute meal is a real winner. If you’re having a romantic date night in, serve these skewers with juicy slices of lime and a delicious avocado dipping sauce, and pair the meal with your favorite bottle of Sutter Home wine. Who knew food on a stick could be this versatile and this delicious?
- 2 lb large raw shrimp, deveined, shells removed
- 2-3 whole chipotle peppers in adobe sauce (with seeds), from a 7-ounce can
- 2 tbsp adobe sauce (from the can of chipotle peppers)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 3 + 1/2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Dice the chipotle peppers and add them to a small bowl. Measure out the adobe sauce and olive oil and add those to the bowl as well. Squeeze the lime juice and press the garlic. Add those ingredients to the bowl along with the chopped cilantro, brown sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Rinse the shrimp and pat them dry with paper towels. Place the shrimp into a zip-top kitchen bag. Pour the marinade over the shrimp. Zip the bag and gently massage it to distribute the spicy marinade. Every piece of shrimp should be fully coated with the marinade. Refrigerate the shrimp for 20-30 minutes so it can marinate.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 20-30 minutes to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Skewer the shrimp. If you desire juicy shrimp, skewer the shrimp so that the pieces are touching. If you prefer charred or slightly crispy shrimp, leave some space between the pieces.
- Heat your grill over medium or medium-high heat. Brush a bit of oil over the surface of the grill to prevent sticking. Lay the shrimp skewers over the grill. Cook for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes and then flip them over. Cook another 2 to 2-1/2 minutes then remove them from the grill. Check for doneness by slicing a piece through the thickest section. When fully cooked, the inside should be solid white. Take care to not overcook your shrimp or they will develop a rubbery texture.
- Garnish with more chopped cilantro. Serve with creamy avocado dipping sauce and wedges of lime.
We hope you enjoy this Grilled Shrimp Skewers recipe from Confetti & Bliss, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Grilling Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This post was part of a Collective Bias Campaign partnered with Sutter Home.