You’re sure to impress party guests when you set out a platter of these Baked Brie Crostini with Figs and Pistachios. These savory small bites will be loved by all. A 5-ingredient appetizer perfect for happy hour!
Have you ever tried fig jam?
I keep a jar of fig jam in my fridge at all times because it pairs so well with cheese. Whenever I make a cheese plate for parties, I place a jar of fig jam on the platter and, inevitably, a large portion of it is gone by the end of the night. Guests love it! I buy Dalmatia® Fig Spread and I find that it’s readily available at most grocery stores (you can find it in the cheese section).
I love this fig jam so much that it should be no surprise to you that I used it on these Baked Brie Crostini with Figs and Pistachios. This appetizer recipe is so simple to put together, but will look so impressive to your guests if you’re entertaining! These brie crostini call for just five ingredients and require only ten minutes of your time. So simple and fast!
The combination of the sweet fig jam against the melty, savory brie cheese is heavenly. The roasted pistachios add a delicious crunch at the end of each bite.
Looking for healthy substitutions? Try these:
- Use a whole wheat or multigrain baguette instead of one made from regular, white flour.
- Look for a fig jam made with no added sugar (figs are very sweet on their own).
- Nix the excess sodium, and use unsalted, dry-roasted pistachios.
I have no doubt that your guests will love these baked brie crostini and that you’ll find yourself making this recipe over and over again, no matter what time of year.
- 1 baguette (any kind, regular, multigrain, whole wheat)
- 6-7 oz French brie
- Fig Jam
- 2 large dried figs, sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pistachios (shells removed), coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place the baguette in the oven to warm while the oven preheats (it can go directly on the wire racks), about 5 minutes.
- Remove the top rind from the brie. Place a piece of parchment paper in a glass baking dish and put the brie on top of the paper. Once the oven is hot, remove the baguette and place the baking dish in the oven. Bake the brie for 5-6 minutes, until the brie is very soft.
- While the brie is in the oven, slice the baguette into thin crostini and arrange them on a serving platter. Once the brie is soft, remove it from the oven and immediately spread about 1 teaspoon of brie onto each crostini. Top each with about 1/2 teaspoon of fig jam and then sprinkle generously with the sliced figs and chopped pistachios.
- Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: If your fig jam was in the fridge, allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before using. This will make it much easier to spread.
We hope you enjoy this Baked Brie Crostini recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Rachel from Little Chef Big Appetite, as much as we do. If you love these small bites, you can find more like them by visiting our Appetizer Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!