Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. It’s loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C. Lowering cholesterol and staving off cancer are just a couple of the amazing kale health benefits you need to know about!
Is kale really a nutrient-dense food powerhouse?
Kale is being hailed as the “new beef”. Yes, it’s that nutrient dense! There are many reasons you should be adding kale health benefits into your daily diet. From digestion, to cancer deterrent, to lowering cholesterol, this bitter green cannot only heal and maintain your body, but when cooked or paired properly, can taste absolutely delicious!
5 Amazing Kale Health Benefits you could be enjoying:
- Aids in Digestion – Kale is made of fibrous material, and like most leafy greens, is great for aiding in digestion and elimination.
- Lose Weight and Boost Metabolism – Very nutrient dense, but incredibly low in calories, this superfood is great to add to your daily diet when you’re trying to lose weight.
- Reduce Risk of Heart Disease – The fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 found in kale all support heart health. For lowering blood pressure, consuming more potassium may be as important as decreasing sodium intake, because potassium dilates the blood vessels.
- Stave Off Cancer – Because of kale’s high antioxidant properties, it has been said that it helps to fight free radicals. Anyone who enjoys a chargrilled steak should pair it with green vegetables to help reduce the negative impact.
- Fight Inflammation – One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids. This helps fight inflammation in the body, fighting heart disease and improving brain function.
Kale Recipes You’ll Love:
- Enjoy this simple, healthy, and delicious Mushroom and Kale Spaghetti recipe for dinner or lunch. This vegetarian dish pairs perfectly with crispy cheesy garlic bread served on the side.
- Honey and Smoked Paprika battle it out in this Warm Ginger Beet Kale Salad with Walnuts. Simple to make, this salad combines onions, ginger, garlic, kale, and beetroot. It’s topped with walnuts for texture and garnished with parsley.
- Ready in just 30 minutes, this Italian Turkey Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Stew is an easy and light dinner alternative to traditional comfort food during the wintertime.
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.