Today’s recipe is a Mushroom and Kale Spaghetti with a simple herb garlic sauce. I have been on a kale kick lately and trying to incorporate this leafy green that is high in iron, vitamin K, and antioxidants in different types of dishes, and today’s dish is a winner. Last night, I had some friends and family over, and I served this as the main dish. You can make garlic bread on the side, and it is filling, healthy, and full of flavor. You can even eat this cold the next day for lunch, and it will taste amazing.
This dish is not only delicious and reminiscent of high-end restaurant food, it’s also a winner because you can have it ready in just 30 minutes, making it perfect for dinner parties or just as a busy weeknight family meal.
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- 6 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 tsp of flour
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 tsp Red Crushed Pepper *optional*
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch kale
- grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning and any dried herbs
- Salt, Pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ chopped onion
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. It usually will take 6-8 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, caramelize the onions and garlic with butter.
- Then add the mushrooms, parsley, crushed peppers, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, dried herbs, kale, olive oil, and cook on medium heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Then on low heat, add the cream and flour and stir well. Let the sauce cook for 5 minutes on low heat and taste to ensure seasoning is to your liking.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it, add it to the sauce, and stir on low heat making sure the pasta is mixed well with the sauce.
- Transfer the spaghetti to a large plate and drizzle some olive oil, grated parmesan, and fresh chopped parsley.
There you have it, delicious and good for you Mushroom and Kale Spaghetti recipe with a simple herb, garlic, and olive oil sauce. We hope you love this simple recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Arwa of Créme Rose, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!