Beautify your skin with these all-natural DIY One-Ingredient Face Masks from the Kitchen. Simple to make, these face masks naturally beautify the skin, and the best part is you already have the ingredients in your kitchen!
There are plenty of products in your pantry and refrigerator that you use every day for cooking, but did you know that you could also use some of them in your daily beauty routine? These 7 One-Ingredient DIY Face Masks are perfect to turn to daily to give your skin that glow you’re after. Learn to naturally beautify your skin with these seven products from the kitchen.
- Honey – Honey retains moisture. In drier climates, this is a great “go to” item that is sitting in your cupboard. Grab a soft washcloth, get it nice and warm. Put some honey onto the cloth and gently dab it on your face. Let it sit for a good 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Egg Whites – Egg whites are rich in minerals and vitamins and will help nourish the skin. You will feel a tightening sensation when applying the whites. You will want to place these in a bowl and whisk them first. Then use your fingertips to apply the whites onto your face. Let this sit for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Plain Yogurt – Yogurt contains alpha-hydroxy acids, including lactic acid, which is known to reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles. It also has the important B-complex vitamins, including B-5, to help promote skin healing. Apply on face with your fingertips in a swirling motion and let sit for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Vinegar is one of our all-time favorite beauty items. This is an antiseptic that can ward of acne and help with any inflamed areas on the skin. It promotes blood circulation in the capillaries. Add two parts water to one part Apple Cider Vinegar. Use this as an astringent after you wash your face. Apply with a cotton ball. Do this at night and in the morning.
- Avocado – It is hard not to lick your fingers while applying this one. Avocados are rich in vitamins A, C, and E, iron, potassium, and niacin. All of these nourish your skin. Mash the avocado up and apply with your finger tips. Let sit on the face for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- Grapes – Grapes contain antioxidants that can super charge your skin. These are called polyphenols which help fight the aging process. Cut the grapes in half and rub all over your face, let set 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Baking Soda – This is found in every cupboard and has so many uses. You can use this to help exfoliate your skin. Simply make a paste up with a little warm water and apply this gently to your face with a wash cloth, let sit for 3 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
We hope you find these One-Ingredient DIY Face Masks helpful in your daily beauty routine. For more posts to help you with your active and healthy lifestyle, visit our Food and Fitness Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a healthy recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.