Learn why you should be drinking and using Chamomile Tea throughout the day to reap the benefits this herb has to offer to your mental and physical health.
Chamomile Tea, a mild and relatively sweet tea, is derived from an herb that comes from a flowering plant from the daisy family. It is said to treat a number of health issues from stomach cramps to insomnia. Although drinking Chamomile Tea can be beneficial to your health, please keep in mind that as with any herb, if not used in moderation, it can have negative side effects and interactions with certain medications. Used in moderation, here are our 5 favorite health benefits of drinking Chamomile Tea.
- Home Remedy for Insomnia – Chamomile works as a helpful home remedy for sleep disorders such as insomnia. Simply drink a cup of chamomile tea about 45 minutes before bedtime and you’ll be sleeping through the night before you know it.
- Relieve Menstrual Cramps – Drinking Chamomile Tea has been found to reduce menstrual cramps and symptoms of PMS.
- Reduce the Severity of a Migraine Headache – When you start noticing the tell-tale signs of a migraine, drink a cup of Chamomile Tea to help reduce its severity. Make sure to drink the tea before the migraine actually gets severe.
- Reduce Stomach Cramping – Chamomile reduces stomach cramping and excessive gas and bloating in the intestines. Next time you have a stomach ache from irritable bowel syndrome, gastroenteritis, or the stomach flu, drink a cup of Chamomile Tea to reduce the cramping.
- Reduce Dark Eye Circles – Chamomile Tea has been said to help reduce dark circles under the eyes. Dip two chamomile tea bags in warm water for five minutes, remove the tea bags from the water and let them cool to room temperature, then place them on your eyes at night.
We hope you find this list of 5 Fantastic Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea helpful. For more posts to help you with your active and healthy lifestyle, visit our Food and Fitness Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a healthy recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.