Serve up a flavorful dip at your next football party that’s perfect paired with tortilla chips or served up on burgers or tacos with this simple and delicious Heart-Healthy Game Day Spicy Guacamole recipe!
With football season in full force, we’re always looking for versatile recipes that can be used in many ways on the party table, and the healthier the better. We often turn to this recipe for Heart-Healthy Game Day Guacamole for those very reasons. Using our favorite superfood, avocado, as the base, we can easily whip up this Low Sodium Spicy Guacamole that’s perfect paired with tortilla or pita chips or on top of grilled burgers, tacos, and more. Enjoy more time with your guests and less time in the kitchen by coming up with versatile appetizers like this.
- 2 large avocados
- 1 medium vine-ripened tomato
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 10 shakes of your favorite hot sauce, more or less depending on how spicy you want it
- ½ capful malt or apple cider vinegar
- Red pepper flakes to taste to really kick up the heat *optional*
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit, scoop meat out, and place in a mixer.
- Quarter tomato, chop onion and garlic, then put them in your mixer.
- Cut your lemon and squeeze the juice over the vegetables in the mixer.
- Pour in your desired amount of hot sauce and the vinegar.
- Mix to desired consistency.
- Add pepper flakes and stir if you want to heat it up some more.
- Store unused portion in a covered container in the refrigerator with a slice of onion on top of it to keep it from turning brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer or on burgers, tacos, or sandwiches as a spread.
We hope you enjoy this simple and flavorful Heart-Healthy Game Day Spicy Guacamole recipe as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!