You will need to learn these 5 healthy lime benefits that will help you lose weight, aid in digestion, and alleviate constipation.
Not only are limes delicious in our Mexican dishes and margaritas, but they also have amazing health benefits. The health benefits of lime include improved digestion, weight loss, relief from constipation, skin care, and more.
Healthy Lime Benefits
- Constipation – Drink lime juice with honey to relieve your constipation. Drink this first thing in the morning for maximum effectiveness. The acids present in lime help to clear the excretory system by washing and cleansing the tracts.
- Treat Urinary Tract Infections – Limes have disinfectant properties that can help cure infections in the urinary tract system. Lime juice will alkalize the body and reduce inflammation and acidity. The citric acid contained in the juice of limes creates an alkalizing effect.
- Eye Care – Vitamin C (antioxidant) protects the eyes from aging. The flavonoids help protect them from infections.
- Weight loss – The citric acid in a lime is an excellent fat burner. A glass of lime water with the juice of one lime has only 11 calories. Drink this instead of high-calorie fruit juice drinks. You will see results.
A few of our favorite lime drinks:
- Drink this refreshing Skinny Spa Detox Water all day long to help relieve bloating. This drink recipe delivers a delicious detox water to help you flush toxins while you drink it.
- Citrus Detox Water is a delicious way to stay hydrated. Water is obviously the best drink to turn to, but sometimes it can be boring. Don’t just drink plain water, tantalize your taste buds instead with a mixture of lemon, lime, and tangerine infused in your water.
- Love all of those fresh and fruity water options you get at the spa? Don’t wait for your next massage appointment when you can enjoy these five simple Fruit Infused Sparkling Water recipes at home!
We hope you love these 5 Unexpected Healthy Lime Benefits and drink recipes as much as we do. If you like this article, visit our Foods with Healthy Benefits for more like it. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!