Homemade Vegan Vegetable Soup
When it’s cold outside and cold and flu season is in full force, many families turn to soup for dinner. Soup is a delicious comfort food that warms you up on a cold night and leaves you feeling satisfied. Most store-bought soups are loaded with sodium and a bunch of words we can’t even pronounce so maybe they aren’t as good for us as they seem. If you’re looking for a truly healthy vegan vegetable soup, you’ll definitely want to try this recipe. As an added bonus, it’s very low in sodium so it’s heart healthy too.
- 4 small Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups water (1 cup for thicker soup)
- 1 cup fresh organic green beans
- 1 cup cubed organic potatoes of choice
- ½ cup fresh organic corn cut off of the cob
- ½ cup fresh organic carrots, sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup fresh organic peas, out of the shell
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- Put the tomatoes in a blender and blend to sauce consistency.
- Pour your tomato sauce and water into a Crock Pot.
- Cut up all of the fresh vegetables and place them in the Crock Pot.
- Add your spices and stir.
- Cover and simmer on low for 4 hours.
- Note: To speed up this recipe, you can use a can of tomato paste instead of fresh tomatoes, and substitute frozen vegetables. Cook this version on the stovetop for about an hour.
This is a very hearty soup that’s delicious and leaves you feeling full and satisfied. There’s nothing in this vegan vegetable soup that you can’t pronounce and it’s perfect served alone with crackers or paired with your favorite sandwich.
It’s cold outside! Stay indoors, snuggle up, and enjoy a delicious, piping hot bowl of vegan vegetable soup. Comfort food at its finest. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. If you love this recipe idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. And for daily recipe updates, like us on Facebook, follow along on Twitter, and stop by our Google+ Community. Stay warm and enjoy!