Warm up on a cool fall evening with this simple recipe for hearty Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. A tomato-based soup loaded with vegetables and protein, this easy and flavorful soup will become a new family favorite.
As the cooler weather of fall approaches, is there anything better than walking in the door from a long day to a nice, hot supper? We know this simple Crock Pot Tortilla Soup will warm your family up on a cool evening and satisfy their hunger. As an added bonus, this soup is very nutritious so you can feel even better about serving it to your family. Packed with protein and vegetables, this tomato-based soup is heart healthy and full of bold flavors. Instead of heavy sour cream, try topping this hearty soup with a greek yogurt, cumin, and garlic mixture for a new flavor dimension and an additional nutritious punch.
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts
- 1-48 oz box Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cans Low Sodium Black Beans
- 1-4.5 oz can Green Chiles
- 2 cans No Salt Added Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 can No Salt Added Corn
- 1 Large Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- Corn Tortillas
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Cilantro, optional for serving
- Lime juice, optional for serving
- Boil chicken until it is no longer pink inside.
- Reserve the liquid chicken broth.
- Shred chicken and add into slow cooker.
- Add boxed chicken broth.
- Chop vegetables and add to the Crock Pot.
- Add your canned vegetables to pot.
- Add some of the reserved Chicken Broth Stock to your liking.
- Add spices.
- Simmer on low for 5 hours.
- Cut your corn tortillas into long strips and add into individual bowls a few minutes before serving.
- Top with a few pieces of Cilantro and a splash of lime juice.
We hope you love this seriously simple recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to visit our Crock Pot section for more easy weeknight meal ideas. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!