This Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake is a delightful dessert for the holiday season. While many may be taken aback by the concept of a cashew cheesecake, this beautiful dessert is effortless, nutrient dense, packed with protein, and a great alternative to the traditional dairy cheesecakes.
Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake Recipe
There are some flavors that just pair seamlessly with every season. For me, that’s pumpkin! I find that pumpkin is universal and can be used in a myriad of recipes from desserts to savory dishes and is both accessible and affordable! For many though, pumpkin appears as only a fall dessert which makes this Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake perfect for everyone this time of year.
With the fall weather here, it seemed like the perfect time to explore a pumpkin cashew cheesecake. While many may be taken aback by the concept of a cashew cheesecake, they truly are effortless, nutrient dense, packed with protein, and are a great alternative to the traditional dairy cheesecakes.
What I love most about this recipe is that it involves a handful of ingredients, is low in sugar content, and it can take on any design you desire by simply using a mold! If you want to take this cashew cheesecake to the next level, use a pumpkin mold!
Other variations of this recipe that you could explore are making coconut whip to top the cheesecake with and/or topping it with candied pecans. Something also to note is that the foundation of this recipe can be used to make any variety of cheesecake!
If you love classic recipes that cater to everyones’ tastebuds, the season, and don’t disappoint…you have to try my recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake!
Making this dessert in mini, single-serve cake size is perfect for the holidays for portion control and ease of serving.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup canned coconut (solid portion)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare a cheesecake mold by lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly rinse the soaked cashews. Drain. Blend in a food processor or blender until cashews become a very smooth paste. This may take awhile, depending on the strength of your blender. Scrape down the sides as you process, adding a little bit of almond milk if cashews seem too dry. Once the cashews are smooth and creamy, add the remaining filling ingredients except pumpkin and process until uniform. Remove half of the mixture and set aside.
- Now add the pumpkin, blend.
- Scrape pumpkin filling first into the mold, freeze for ten minutes, then add the white layer. Stick in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top with pecans and allow to thaw for 30 minutes. Slice and serve.
Home Chef Tip: To make whipped cream topping, open chilled coconut milk and scoop out the solid coconut meat into a small bowl. Whisk in agave nectar and cinnamon until combined and spoon onto the top of frozen pumpkin cheesecake. Spread evenly. Return to freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours, until frozen all the way through.
We hope you love this Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Gabrielle from Eat. Drink. Shrink., as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!