Use pumpkin spice cereal to update the classic cereal bar recipe when you make these Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cereal Bars with Pecans. So delicious, so simple, and gluten free!
One of the best parts about fall is that everything on the shelves in the grocery store is flavored with pumpkin spice. Candy, cookies, ice cream, granola bars, you can find it all in the pumpkin spice variety, and I am so into it. In fact, I’m pretty sure that if they made a pumpkin spice infused tire, I would buy it because the flavor is so dang wonderful.
Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cereal Bars with Pecans
Aside from the deliciousness, another great part about all of the pumpkin spice products is that you can use them to make fun changes to your standard recipes, making them new again. Throw some pumpkin spice infused baking chips into your standard chocolate chip cookies and BAM, an amazing new cookie is born! Or, you could try the recipe I’m going to share with you today, using pumpkin spice cereal to update a classic cereal bar recipe to make these Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cereal Bars with Pecans! So delicious and gluten free.
- 11 oz bag butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 cups Pumpkin Spice Cheerios™ (Cheerios™ are typically gluten free, but be sure to check the for the gluten free label on the box before purchasing!)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Lightly spray a 9x13" cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, add corn syrup and butterscotch chips. Stir continuously until chips are completely melted.
- Add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted and all ingredients are smooth and combined. Stir in the pumpkin pie spice until evenly mixed.
- Remove pot from heat and add the Cheerios™ and combine until evenly coated.
- Press the Cheerios™ mixture into your prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Heat at 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Heat until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate evenly over the bars. Sprinkle pecans over chocolate.
- Refrigerate for about one hour or until firm. Slice and serve. Store in an airtight container.
Home Chef Tip: The combination of flavors in this festive bar are so great together, however, if you aren't a big butterscotch fan, the butterscotch chips and corn syrup can be easily omitted to make a great pumpkin spice and marshmallow bar!
Of course we all love the standard marshmallow and cereal bar, but these babies take it to the next level! The combination of butterscotch, pumpkin spice, and white chocolate flavors, and the crunch of pecans is so good together, making it the perfect fall treat that is so simple to throw together. Plus, many cereals are gluten free (like this one) so more people can enjoy the goodness. These cereal bars are chewy and crunchy and packed with amazing pumpkin spice flavor making them so hard to keep from devouring the entire incredibly delectable pan before you get to share. Never leave me, pumpkin spice season!
What is your favorite way to incorporate pumpkin spice in to your baking recipes?
We hope you love this recipe for Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Cereal Bars with Pecans from SoFabFood Contributor, Liz from The Pretty Life Girls, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!