This simple, make-ahead No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is the reason cheat days were invented! Light, airy, and full of indulgent chocolate, you’ll be amazed at how easy this dessert is to make.
Everyone has a go-to for their cheat day. For some people, it’s ooey-gooey cheesy dishes, but for me, it’s decadent No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake! This easy, make-ahead dessert will have you wishing it were cheat day every day (which it can be, I’m not judging!).
I’d like to say cheat day is only once a week for me, but if I’m going to be honest with you, it’s practically every day; mostly because I have an insatiable addiction to chocolate. When I do have a craving for a rich, decadent chocolate dessert, my go to is this rich, creamy no-bake chocolate cheesecake.
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
I know that this cheesecake doesn’t look very chocolate-y, but it’s more about quality than quantity when it comes to this recipe. Leave your cheap chocolate in the pantry and splurge on the good stuff (at least 70% cocoa). I personally love using Valrhona or Guittard. But if you can’t find those brands, Ghirardelli chocolate is a great option! You don’t really need a lot to get that intense chocolate-y flavor. The other secret to this recipe is to fold the whipped cream and cream cheese mixture together very gently. This give the cheesecake a light and airy feel!
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Topping
My chocolate decoration on top was an experiment. Usually, I just melt chocolate with some coconut oil and spread it on top, but this time I wanted to try something different. I took a 6-inch cake pan and filled it with vodka and placed it in the freezer for four hours. I then piped melted chocolate into the cold vodka. The little squiggles of chocolate instantly set when it hit the freezing cold vodka and it created this pretty nest-like decoration. Once I removed the chocolate decoration from the cake pan, the vodka eventually air dried off the chocolate and I was left with this pretty chocolate nest. I thought it was such a neat idea and it added such a fancy touch to the cheesecake! I even added a little bit of gold leaf to mine.
If you’re looking for a fancy, rich, decadent dessert for cheat day or any special occasion, this recipe is exactly what you need!
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 8 oz of good quality dark chocolate, melted
- 2-3 cups of vodka (or any other alcohol)
- 4 oz dark chocolate, melted
- cocoa powder
- fresh berries
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 325ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Mix in melted butter. Evenly press the crust into the 9-inch springform pan. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes and set aside to cool completely.
- Add heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into a large bowl. Whisk on high speed until you get stiff peeks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add cream cheese and granulated sugar. Whisk on high speed for 2 minutes or until nice and smooth. Add in melted chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is well incorporated. Fold in the whipped cream until the batter isn't streaky.
- Spoon the filling on top of the crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Pour vodka into a 6-inch round cake pan so that it is at least 1 1/2 inches high. Place in freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Pour melted chocolate into a small sandwich bag. Snip off a corner and squeeze the chocolate into the cake pan with the vodka. Continue piping the chocolate into the cake pan so the entire bottom of the cake pan is covered in squiggly chocolate. Use a fork to gently remove the chocolate disc from the cake pan and set on a cake rack to air dry.
- Carefully place the chocolate decoration onto the center of the cheesecake. Dust with cocoa powder and decorate with fresh berries! Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: To make the recipe entirely no bake, use a store-bought crust. If you want a simpler, easier chocolate top, just melt the chocolate with 2 tsp of coconut oil and spread it evenly on top of the cheesecake. Pile berries on top and dust with powdered sugar! Easy peasy!
We hope you love this No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Hetal from Milk & Cardamom, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, be sure to visit our Dessert section for more cheat day desserts. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!