Shredded Zucchini Salad
Do you visit the farmers market and end up with an abundance of leftover zucchini you don’t know what to do with? We love using zucchini in recipes to add extra nutrition and texture. When it is the end of the season, everyone is making large batches of zucchini pasta, breads, or pickling it. We love it shredded in salads with carrots, radishes, tomatoes, and cucumbers for a simple and nutritious lunch.
Once you shred the zucchini, you will want to add a little sea salt. This brings out the water that is inside the zucchini. Zucchini contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. Be sure to leave the peel on because it is a great source of fiber.
- 2 Large Zucchinis
- 1 Tomato of Choice
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 1 Large Carrot
- 3 Radishes
- 1 Red Onion
- ⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Shred the zucchini.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sea salt on the zucchini and massage for a few minutes.
- Let the zucchini sit for 10 minutes then toss it.
- Slice your vegetables very thin, use a mandolin if you have one.
- Mix your dressing and add to the zucchini mixture.
We hope you love this simple recipe for an easy meal idea for your busy week. Be sure to find more recipes like this in our Salad section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter. Just by entering your email address, you’ll get a recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Enjoy!