Leftover Skinny Taco Dip
Got leftover taco meat? There are so many things you can do with it, but we love to make a Skinny Taco Dip and serve it with whole wheat tortillas or top a baked potato with it. We “skinny” this dip up with a low-calorie sour cream and greek yogurt mixture. Greek yogurt is an easy way to lose some of the fat in your traditional recipes by eliminating half of the sour cream. Because of yogurt’s natural probiotics, it actually makes your recipes healthier too.
- Leftover Taco Meat
- ½ Cup Low Fat Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Can Tomato and Green Chilies
- ½ Cup Low Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Iceberg Lettuce
- ¼ Cup Green Onions
- 1 Pkg Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning
- Heat the taco meat and place in the bottom of a pie dish or baking pan.
- Mix sour cream and greek yogurt, add the packet of low sodium taco seasoning, mix well.
- Spread sour cream and yogurt mixture on top of the meat.
- Add 1 can tomatoes and green chilies, spreading over the greek yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Chop the iceberg lettuce and cover the onions.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Serve with low fat tortilla chips.
If you love this low sodium, skinny recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our low sodium section. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. Just by entering your email, you’ll receive a free recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Enjoy!