Break the same old boring salad rut this summer when you make this healthy Multicolor Salad with Kale, Mango, and Veggies. This high protein, vegetarian salad is sure to be a hit at your next summer gathering.
With the arrival of summer, the queen of all recipes is usually the salads. They are so rich and tasty, so nourishing, and so refreshing. However, it is very common to fall into the same typical recipe rut, either for lack of time or energy, which many times entails that our imagination becomes constrained. I indeed know about that because during summertime (when children are on their vacations), our time is actually more limited. It usually happens to me, and it is also this time of the year when one is more encouraged to invite people to the house, or to make more frequent gatherings with friends. It is perhaps the nice weather that pushes us to do that, and generally (whether people come over, or goes to a party), salads are always very welcome.
In order to make this Multicolor Salad that I share here today thanks to SoFabFood, I was thinking of one that was as practical as possible, but at the same time, being a little more different than usual.
The truth is that it proved to be a nicely transportable salad, meaning that it works perfectly for a picnic. Even if you have to bring a food contribution to a gathering, this salad is also ideal. The important thing to remember is that you must apply the dressing directly before serving.
You may probably feel overwhelmed with the fact that you have to put the kale in the oven or on the grill, but I promise you that this process is so fast, that while preparing the remaining ingredients, the kale will be ready for use. Putting the kale through this cooking process gives this salad a special touch because it gets semi-crispy with a special flavor. Also, if you like, you can season it to your liking before cooking, or you can just leave it as is.
The dressing will add the perfect touch to this salad with a mix of many flavors that guarantee it will be like a feast on your palate.
Best of all, it is very easy and quick to make at this time of year when you may not want to spend much time in the kitchen.
- 2 cups of fresh kale
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup of black beans, cooked
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 small avocado
- 1 mango
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the kale (previously cleaned and cut) into a baking tray with a layer of cooking spray. You may season it if desired, otherwise you may also leave it as is.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
- Meanwhile, cut the cherry tomatoes into four pieces each.
- Cut the mango into squares.
- Dice the avocado.
- Once the kale is ready, place it into a bowl, then place the black beans, cherry tomatoes, half of the mango, and avocado. Add the chopped scallions to the mix.
- Prepare the dressing using half of the mango, mixing it with the juice of the orange, as well as olive oil, salt and pepper. Mash everything with the help of a blender.
- Use this dressing for the salad just before serving.
We hope you love this Multicolor Salad recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Carolina from Mi Diario de Cocina, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to visit our Salad Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!