You need to have this High Protein, High Fiber Southwest Salad on your weekly lunch meal plan if you’re trying to lose weight and eat healthy in 2016. Consuming foods high in fiber and protein is key when it comes to weight loss and building lean muscle mass.
Did you know when it comes to losing weight, the one simple main ingredient to add into your diet is fiber. High fiber foods help lower your risk of cancer, heart attack, and high blood pressure, but also keep you fuller long and help you cut daily calorie consumption.
This High Fiber Southwest Salad has a blend of whole grains, black beans, corn, lentils, and red bell peppers. Top it with your favorite southwest salad dressing and you have a complete meal. This salad has a whopping 14 grams of protein and 17 grams of fiber in just one cup!
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 cup combined whole grains (like cooked brown rice), black beans, corn, lentils, and red bell pepper
- A few sprinkles of fresh parmesan cheese
- Toss all ingredients together and serve with your favorite Southwest dressing.
- We enjoy hot sauce and salsa poured on top too.
If you love this simple and delicious healthy High Protein, High Fiber Southwest Salad recipe, be sure to visit our Salads Section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!