Weeknight dinners don’t have to be stressful to be healthy! Enjoy a 30-minute meal with minimal clean up when you make this Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon with Asian-style veggies.
Are you a fan of a good sheet pan meal?
At first I wasn’t sure about sheet pan meals because I figured the meat would cook faster than the veggies, or something. I just didn’t think the magic of throwing all my veggies, protein, and sauce on one pan could actually turn out to be a delicious meal. But with a little planning, it can really work! For me, it really just comes down to how big to chop the veggies in order for them to cook in the same amount of time as the protein.
A 30-Minute Meal with minimal mess!
In this case, I did bite-sized pieces of broccoli and bok choy, and thin strips of red bell pepper to coincide with the 15-minute cook time I knew my salmon would require (it’s about an inch thick in the center). It really works, and it made my day so much less stressful. Dinner was prepped and ready in less than 30 minutes, and I knew I could feel good about how nutritious and balanced this Teriyaki Salmon and Veggies is!
Make it truly homemade with this simple teriyaki sauce recipe!
I know you can buy teriyaki sauce in a bottle, but it only takes a few minutes to make your own, and it’s so much better. Chances are, you already have all of the necessary ingredients in your fridge and pantry, and once you simmer the soy sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and honey, you’ll never ever go back to store bought again. You’ll want to slather it on any and everything you cook because it’s that delicious. Just a little bit of corn starch thickens it up so it adheres nicely to the salmon and veggies and next thing you know, you have a homemade sheet pan dinner that you made from scratch.
What a wonderful feeling! Now tell me: What’s your favorite thing about sheet pan meals?
- 1 small head bok choy, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb fresh salmon, cut into filets
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup water, divided (1/4 cup + 3/4 cup)
- 1 ½ tbsp corn starch
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1" piece fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange bok choy, broccoli, bell pepper, and salmon on the baking sheet.
- Coat with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then toss to combine.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- While the salmon and veggies cook, prepare teriyaki sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup water and corn starch until combined. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining ¾ cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger, and garlic to a simmer. Whisk in water/corn starch mixture and simmer until thickened.
- Pour half of the teriyaki sauce over the salmon and veggies. Roast for an additional 5-8 minutes, until veggies are just tender and salmon flakes with a fork.
- Serve with the remaining teriyaki sauce.
Home Chef Tip: Ask the supermarket seafood counter to do the salmon skinning for you!
We hope you love this Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Asian-Style Veggies from SoFabFood Home Chef, Julie from The Gourmet RD, as much as we do. If you love this simple sheet pan meal, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!