No Bake Italian Cake
This recipe for No Bake Italian Cake couldn’t be easier to make and the result is a delicious dessert that’s like a tropical taste explosion in your mouth. If you’re typically a non-baker, this will quickly become your new go-to dessert that’s perfect for the family after a delicious meal and great to bring along to parties you’ll be attending. Even if you bake often, you’ll want to try this recipe out. It’s so good, it won’t last long!
- 50 Nilla Wafers
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sweet flaked coconut
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- 15 maraschino cherries, halved
- Place a single layer of Nilla Wafers in the bottom of a 9 x 13 Pyrex baking dish.
- Mix condensed milk and lemon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add pineapple to the milk and stir.
- Pour mixture over the Nilla Wafers.
- Add another layer of wafers on top of milk and pineapple mixture.
- Top with Cool Whip like a frosting.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Drain cherry halves with a paper towel so they don't bleed and place on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate overnight, about 8 hours.
The set time is a little long, but the prep time is less than 20 minutes, and it’s totally worth the wait. The cake is a cookie and pudding blend like no other, topped with Cool Whip, coconut, and cherries. We’re sure you’re going to love this recipe as much as we do. If you like this recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible dessert ideas. Enjoy!