Set your family up for the ultimate day with easy Make Ahead Sausage, Egg, and Potato Breakfast Tacos. Guaranteed to jump start your day, these simple tacos are packed with delicious protein.
Great days start with a great breakfast, but let’s face it, mornings can be really hectic. Half the time you find the family running out the door for work or school with a grab and go snack that’s not really suitable for the first meal of the day. That’s where make-ahead breakfasts come in. The filling for these Make-Ahead Sausage, Egg, and Potato Breakfast Tacos can be made on Sunday evening to be stored in the refrigerator to be enjoyed all week long. The taco filling is easy to put together, packs a powerful protein punch, and it can be pulled out of the refrigerator on busy mornings to be quickly heated in the microwave to stuff in corn tortillas, or just enjoyed as a simple breakfast bowl similar to the ones you see in your grocer’s freezer aisle. It doesn’t get much simpler, or tastier, than starting your day off right with a quick, delicious, and satisfying hot breakfast that will help fuel your family until lunchtime.
- 1 lb Wright Brand Ground Sausage (it's lower in sodium than most sausages on the market)
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium white potatoes, cut in 1" cubes
- 2 green onions, chopped, white part only
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- corn tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cheese, for garnish
- Pico de Gallo (optional for garnish)
- Cook ground sausage thoroughly, drain, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized pan over medium heat.
- Fry cubed potatoes until almost tender, then add bell pepper and green onion, and continue frying until all are tender, and set aside.
- Beat eggs, whisk in milk, and cook to the consistency you prefer.
- Mix all cooked components together in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, heat in the microwave, 1 minute per serving, until nice and hot.
- Serve either in heated soft corn tortillas or in a bowl sprinkled with cheese and Pico de Gallo.
We hope you love these Make Ahead Breakfast Tacos as much as we do and that they help you and your family get a great start to your busy days. If you like this delicious breakfast idea, visit our Breakfast section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and you can visit our Pinterest boards for even more incredible breakfast food inspiration. Enjoy!