Don’t stress breakfast on busy weekday mornings! Make these simple Make-Ahead Scrambled Egg and Sausage Breakfast Pockets instead. Packed with eggs, sausage, and cheese, these semi-homemade breakfast pockets are the perfect way to start your day.
It happens to all of us. No matter how much we prepare the night before, getting the kids off to school in the mornings can be very hectic and we all often find ourselves running out the door with a granola bar or pastry in hand because we know they need to eat before they start their busy day. Those options aren’t very healthy and they don’t provide the protein your child needs to fuel them until lunch time. Because of this, we love to prepare make-ahead breakfasts that can be heated quickly in the mornings that provide our families with the fuel they need. These simple, semi-homemade Make-Ahead Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, and Cheese Breakfast Pockets are high on our list of favorites. Packed with protein and traditional breakfast foods, the breakfast pockets come together quickly and they make mornings a whole lot simpler and way more delicious!
- 4 large eggs
- 1-16 oz roll of sausage
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese
- 2 cans crescent rolls (16 rolls total)
- Spray oil
- pepper, to taste
- Cook sausage according to package instructions, set aside.
- Scramble the eggs and cook on the stove top until desired doneness, set aside.
- Place parchment paper on a flat surface and spray with cooking oil.
- Roll out the crescent rolls into 4-roll sections, a total of 4 flat dough surfaces.
- On the bottom half of each dough rectangle, layer scrambled eggs, sausage, and cheese.
- Fold top half over filling and crimp sides to secure and make a closed pocket.
- In a preheated 375ºF oven, bake on baking sheet for 11-15 minutes, just until golden brown.
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator in zipper bags.
- If making ahead, remove from bag and heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave until heated entirely.
We hope you enjoy this simple recipe for Make-Ahead Scrambled Egg and Sausage Breakfast Pockets as much as we do. If you love this breakfast idea, be sure to visit our Breakfast Section for even more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!