You need to try this absolutely delectable Lean Ground Beef Enchiladas dish. It will be your number 1 go to dish during the week. This high-fiber meal is incredibly healthy and satisfying.
Lean Ground Beef Enchiladas
We love Lean Ground Beef Enchiladas. We like making them a bit more healthy by using high fiber whole wheat tortillas. These whole wheat tortillas are a heart healthy option to traditional flour tortillas. These tortillas have a whopping 8 grams of protein and 12 grams of dietary fiber, and only one gram of sugar. The thing we love about this enchilada recipe is its versatility. You can make them with beef, chicken, pork, or shrimp. You can also make them spicy or mild to suit your taste buds.
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1¼ cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 6-10 whole wheat tortillas
- 2½ cups prepared enchilada sauce (canned or packets)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Pour ½ cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish; set aside.
- In a frying pan, add ground beef and onions. Cook until browned, then drain excess fat.
- Lay out a tortilla and spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the tortilla.
- Add two tablespoons ground beef down the center.
- Top with a few sprinkles of cheese.
- Roll the tortilla and fold in the sides, laying it seam side down into the pan.
- Repeat until you use up all of the tortillas and ground beef mixture.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Then remove the cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Optional---Top with green or black olives and a red sauce or salsa.
We hope you enjoy this simple and delicious Lean Ground Beef Enchiladas recipe as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!