This all star Heart Healthy Loaded Jambalaya recipe is packed with shrimp, chicken, sausage, vegetables, and rice. This slow cooker dish delivers a remarkable flavor sensation that’s a sure fire crowd pleaser.
If you’re looking for a low sodium meal that’s packed with protein and vegetables, tastes amazing, and simple to make, you don’t need to look any further. This Heart Healthy Loaded Jambalaya combines shrimp, chicken, sausage, vegetables, and rice in a low sodium tomato base for a real crowd-pleasing dish. The best part is, this recipe is so simple to make and there’s very little clean up. Simply toss all of your ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning and come home to a delicious and savory meal the whole family will love!
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1 lb turkey sausage, 1" slices
- 1 lb frozen salad shrimp
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1-6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- Pour the water and tomato paste in your slow cooker, stir to blend.
- Stir in all of the spices, the bay leaf, and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Chop all of your vegetables and put them in the pot.
- Cut your chicken and sausage in to bite-sized pieces and put them in with the tomato sauce blend.
- Add the shrimp.
- Stir in the rice.
- Simmer on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
We hope you love this Heart Healthy Jambalaya recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple and flavorful meal idea, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!